Our filter eDNA collection kit allows for the collection of a water sample from a watercourse such as pond, stream or river to identify the presence of a specific or multiple specific target species. Please check with us first to confirm that your chosen target species is possible to detect via eDNA in our laboratory.
This kit should not be used for Great Crested Newts in accordance with current Natural England backed guidelines. Please use our Great Crested Newt eDNA Collection Kit for sampling GCN eDNA.
- Free UK Next Day Delivery if ordered by 1pm (excluding Northern Ireland)
- Long Expiry Dates meaning you can stock up on kits for up to 6 months and use kits as and when you need them.
- Quality Kits manufactured in a clean & separate laboratory to ensure target DNA free contents.
- Preservative included within the kits to ensure samples are kept stable prior to analysis, giving the best opportunity to achieve a reliable result.
- Kits contain an internal positive control DNA marker to check for inhibition and degradation within the sample, allowing for additional quality assurance and accuracy of results.
Note: Valid season for eDNA collection is species and site specific.
eDNA filter Kit includes:
- 1x outer box
- 2x Gloves
- 1 x Whirl-Pak stand-up bag (1L)
- 1x Tube containing a Sterivex™ filter unit
- 1x 50ml Ladle
- 1x 50ml syringe
- 1x 2ml syringe (containing ~2ml of sample preservative)
- 2x Red luer lock caps to close the preservative within the filter
Laboratory analysis is bought separately depending on the number of analyses and the service required after sampling. The cost of analysis is invoiced to your account once the results are made available. Note: for the first order on new customer accounts the cost of analysis is required to be paid upfront.
Each kit can be used to detect up to four species from one site. To test for more than four species, please use multiple kits. Check out our eDNA samples section of our other species page to see what species we can test for or get in touch if your target species is not listed.
1 target species: £140.00
2 target species: £170.00
3 target species: £200.00
4 target species: £230.00
Prices exclude VAT and all results are provided within 10 working days of sample receipt.
Looking to test for more than 4 target species from a single site? Get in touch with us to find out what discounts we can offer.
Whilst you’re here, why not check out our other products too?