Our Bat Dropping Collection Kit has been carefully designed to make DNA-based bat species ID as convenient to you as possible. You can choose to send samples to the laboratory by purchasing our kits or by using your own tubes and containers, however, in this case, please ensure that the consumables used are sterile. This kit can collect up to 6 sites or up to 6 suspected different species.
We have taken steps to reduce packaging waste associated with our bat dropping collection kits including removing redundant cardboard and plastic packaging associated with sampling a greater number of sites or when looking to identify more species.
- Free UK 1-2 working Day Delivery if ordered by 1pm (excluding Northern Ireland).
- Free Return Delivery of samples by hassle-free delivery via any royal mail post box.
- Long Expiry Date 24 months meaning you can stock up on kits and use kits as and when you need them.
- Preservative solution included in the kits will give you the best opportunity to achieve a conclusive result.
- Quality kits are manufactured in a clean & separate laboratory to ensure target DNA free contents.
Bat dropping samples can be collected throughout the year.
- 1x Small prepaid return postage box.
- 1x Pair of gloves.
- 12x 2mL screw-cap micro-centrifuge tube containing 500µL preservative solution.
- 1x Bat sample collection form
- 12x Spatula.
- 2 x Box seals.
- 1x SureScreen Scientifics recycled cardboard pen.
Laboratory analysis is bought separately after sampling depending on the number of analyses and the service required. The cost of analysis is invoiced to your account once the results are made available. Note: for the first order on new customer accounts the cost of analysis is required to be paid upfront.
- £50.00 per sample (£45.00 per sample for 3 to 8 analyses per batch, £40.00 per sample for 9 or more analyses per batch).
- Result reports are emailed within 9 working days from the arrival of the sample in our laboratory.
Fast Track Analysis:
- £70.00 per sample (£65.00 per sample for 3 to 8 analyses per batch, £60.00 per sample for 9 or more analyses per batch).
- Result reports are emailed within 5 working days from the arrival of the sample in our laboratory.
Prices exclude VAT.
Whilst you’re here, why not check out our other sample collection kits too?