SureScreen Scientifics Ltd was founded in 1991 in Derby, UK, drawing on local expertise with the cream of staff from Rolls Royce, NEI and International Combustion, Aitons, and a number of prestigious foundries, fabricators and manufacturers. We employ forensic scientists, molecular biologists, physicists, material scientists and specialist engineers all supported by the latest analytical testing facilities. It’s difficult to think of another single facility with such diverse skills and equipment, all capable of dealing with any technical issue under one roof, ensuring you get the very best support.
- Material testing
- Corrosion testing
- Product quality testing
- Failure analysis
- Product identification fingerprinting
- Fitness for purpose
- Design advice
- Manufacture and material optimisation
- Risk assessments
- On-site analysis and replication of microstructures
- Analysis of trace levels of substances by SEM/EDX, GCMS etc.
- DNA analysis and species or individual tracking
- Wildlife crime assessments
- eDNA of water, faeces, trace deposits for species presence/absence
- Bat identification from droppings
- Great Crested newt and other species from water sample
- Environmental monitoring; moulds, yeasts, bacteria etc.
- Stains, growths, transport damage etc.
- Damage evaluation, for cause
- Paint, DNA, fibres, imprints, forgery etc.
- Evaluation of damage to electronic tagging products
- Drugs, alcohol, poisons, wounding evaluations etc.
- Contamination, including accidental or deliberate.
- Material or product source tracking
- Material quality checking
- Materials and manufacturing support
- Technical support in design and design issues
- Fabrication advice
- Welding assessment and weld procedures
- Quality control of incoming material or fabrications
- Heat treatment quality control
- Overseas manufacturer audits and assessments
- Training in materials, metallurgy and processes