Our Great Crested Newt (GCN) Collection Kits have been carefully designed to make life in the field as easy as possible, reducing the risk of contamination as low as possible whilst conforming to WC1067. One kit if for one site/pond up to 1 hectare.
Here are the main benefits are using SureScreen kits:
- Free UK Next Day Delivery if ordered by 1 pm (excluding Northern Ireland).
COVID-19 Update: Couriers worldwide are seeing a large increase in demand and whilst every effort is made to achieve next day delivery, this is not always possible due to increase in workload and staff shortages.
- Increased Shelf Life- Introduced in 2018. Natural England has announced that kits now have an expiry date of three months from sample receipt. Therefore, our kits will last all GCN season. It is important to remember that kits still need to be kept in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. When sampling has been carried out, kits have a further 4 weeks if kept in a refrigerator or 2 weeks if kept at ambient conditions though the best practice is to send kits back as soon as possible after sample collection.
- Quality– Kits are manufactured in a clean & separate laboratory to ensure target DNA free contents in accordance with Natural England Approved Protocol WC1067. All kit contents in one box. Upright tubes in holding the rack to allow easy sampling, reduce the risk of spillage and reduce the risk of damage during transit. Sampling instructions, collection form and pen included. Strong durable kits that you can actually stand on without damaging the box or kit contents!
- Cost Effective– Kits are charged separately to the analysis ensuring that you are only charged for the analyses you actually carry out, this usually results in a big saving to our customers.
- Environmentally Friendly– cardboard and other ingredients made from recyclable materials where possible. Free eco friendly pen made from recycled paper and spiralised. Please place all kit contents back in the kit when returned to the laboratory for analysis and we’ll ensure they are recycled responsibly.
Note: For results to accepted by Natural England, samples need to be collected between 15th April to 30th June. Positive results outside this season confirm presence though negative results outside this season should be regarded as inconclusive.
1x eDNA kit box
1x Tube holder box insert
2x Pairs of sterile individually wrapped gloves
1x 15mL Pasteur pipette
1x Whirl-Pak stand-up bag (1L)
1x 50mL Ladle
1x Great crested newt collection form
6x 50mL centrifuge tubes (each including 35mL of DNA preservative solution)
1x A4 clear plastic bag
1x SureScreen Scientifics recycled cardboard pen
Laboratory analysis is bought separately depending on the number of analyses and the service required after sampling
Standard: £120.00 Within 10 working days
Fast Track: £220.00 Within 3 working days
SuperFast Track: £320.00 Within 1 working day
Prices exclude VAT.